Organizer will publish a book on the Congress half-century jubilee. Among other material, programmes of each Congress will be listed. Therefore, we kindly ask authors to comply with the following deadlines to ensure that their paper was listed in the programme of the 50th Congress.
- Abstract should be submitted to the Organizer’s e-mail address office(a)smeits.rs by June 20, 2019.
- Abstract acceptance notification: July 15, 2019.
- Paper submission: July 31, 2019.
- Confirmation on paper acceptance or required revision: August 20, 2019.
- Confirmation that a paper is included in the programme: August 31, 2019.
- PP presentation submission: 15th November 2019.
An abstract should include: title, names of authors and their institutions, corresponding author marked with an asterisk, with brief CV, e-mail address and telephone, an abstract of 300-400 words and 5 keywords.
The Congress proceedings will be published at www.izdanja.smeits.rs, with corresponding ISBN. Original papers may have DOI number assigned. Selected papers will be suggested for publication in “Energy and Buildings” Journal.
Methods, technologies and techniques of integrated design, construction, technical inspection, testing, monitoring, and smart operation of energy efficient sustainable healthy buildings and energy refurbishment of the existing urban building sector for the purpose of attaining sustainability, safety, landscaping and greening, and adaptability of urban systems to climate change and resilience to weather extremes as well as to exposures to the risks of terrorism, political extremes, uncontrolled migrations and immigrations – these will be the main topics of this year’s congress and exhibition. The envisaged thematic fields include:
- Advancement and innovations of fundamental principles, load calculation methods, design, component manufacture, standards and testing of energy improved equipment and systems for HVAC&R (heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, and refrigeration)
- Applicable parameters and maps of outdoor environment quality (air, water, soil), and contamination/pollution risks
- Building performance simulation, resilience of typical meteorological year to climate change and reference data of hydrometeorology and hydrogeology, as well as determination of data – results of the interaction of wind and urban structure network by simulations
- Methods and problems of the integrated design of sustainable buildings and integrated project delivery for buildings (especially commercial, healthcare and hospital buildings, data centres, and other special purpose buildings); relevant energy efficiency analyses and optimisation of all stages of the building life-cycle
- Methods and standards of commissioning, maintenance, control testing, and operation optimisation of HVAC&R systems for specific purposes and types of buildings; testing by measuring dynamics of energy demand balance in the conditions of measured hydrometeorological parameters and simulation results validation,
- Current topics of the mobile air-conditioning equipment and system development
- Relevant potentials and balances of renewable energy sources (RES) (at a local, regional, and state level)
- Green surfaces, green roofs and façades; new materials, multifunctional façades and self-healing structures
- Integration of RES, specifically PV and PV/T (photovoltaic and photovoltaic-thermal) layers and structures of building envelope (BIPV); daylighting and artificial lighting optimisation; research, development, and standardisation
- Ventilation airflow measurement and indoor environment quality, including biological cleanliness and acoustics
- Refrigeration technologies, refrigeration equipment and systems and heat pumps as RES, research and development on the threshold of re-industrialisation
- Impacts of new technologies and improved HVAC&R equipment with natural refrigerants on the improvement of HVAC&R systems energy efficiency
- Implementation of F-gas Regulation and the Ecodesign Directive in 2018 – reality and possibilities
- Limitations in the purchase and use of refrigerants with significant environmental impacts (high GWP)
- District heating and cooling systems in urban transformations (in situations of increased migrations to cities, impacts on health conditions, the way of life organisation, security, sustainability
- Deep RES integrated energy refurbishment at the level of individual buildings (especially residential) and at the level of municipal/city district heating and cooling system
- Use of RES for zero CO2 emission settlements coupled with energy storage in underground spaces of depleted and closed coal and mineral mines
- Distributed electricity generation by using RES in the smart grid and energy storage system
- Combined systems of central and distributed co- and three-generation coupled with the smart grid, use of RES, and energy storage system
- Electrical installations, smart grids and ICT infrastructure of resilient buildings and Energy Plus rurban settlements
- Vertical and horizontal transport (lifts/elevators, escalators, and other mechanical systems in buildings)
- Water supply system, waste water, and solid waste
- Automatic control systems and intelligent management systems of whole buildings, including HVAC system, access control, security system, fire protection and fire stop systems
- Energy efficient use of RES for HVAC in rurban (combined rural and urban) development, advanced organic agriculture, agricultural industry, food cold chain, and other manufacturing-commercial buildings and systems.