About our Policy
Although the Republic of Serbia is not the EU member, SMEITS is strongly committed to protect your privacy and complying with your choices, and shall protect and safeguard collected personal and non-personal information according to the legally binding Law on Personal Data Protection („Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia“ No. 97/08, 104/09, 68/2012), and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 that implies extra-territorial applicability.
SMEITS operates the following websites www.smeits.rs; www.kgh-drustvo.rs; www.kgh-kongres.rs; www.izdanja.smeits.rs; www.knjizara.smeits.rs; www.kotizacije.smeits.rs (hereinafter: websites).
This privacy notice governs the SMEITS operated websites and informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our websites, and the choices you have associated with that data. This privacy notice only covers information collected through our websites and via direct communications between you and SMEITS. It does not cover any information collected at any other website, application or other communication methods such as when you call us, write us, or in any other manner. Your privacy is very important to us.
Data submitted via our social networks – LinkedIn and Facebook pages, are covered by corresponding networks operators.
We will never give information about you to any third party except in cases when some information may be requested by the court for various judicial purposes.
However, you have right to be forgotten and we will delete data about you from our database.
We will ask you to confirm clearly and simply written consent in which we will mention what kind of information we use and for which purpose that applies for certain web application or local databаse used by SMEITS only.
Data collection methods
We use the following data collection methods and technologies:
- www.smeits.rs – the site registration form, and membership form. Data collected are stored in the site database, and safeguarded by the hosting company.
- www.kgh-drustvo.rs; www.kgh-kongres.rs – the abstract and paper submission forms. Data collected are sent by e-mail and stored on our office computers.
- www.izdanja.smeits.rs – authors’ and reviewers’ data necessary for paper submission and publication process. Data collected are stored in the site database, and safeguarded by the hosting company. Authors’ and reviewers’ data are stored on our office computers.
- www.knjizara.smeits.rs; www.kotizacije.smeits.rs – buyers’ data necessary for conference fees and books purchase and delivery. Credit card payment is processed by Banca Intesa ad Beograd, and SMEITS at any time has no evidence on buyer’s credit card data.
The SMEITS eNewsletter
By giving consent on personal data collecting and processing, you agreed to receive the SMEITS eNewsletter
SMEITS Newsletter e-mails are stored in the phplist and MailChimp sites databases, and safeguarded by the hosting company. The phplist and MailChimp applications are GDRP compliant. E-mails are grouped according to the personal preferences. No other data are stored in these databases. Each Newsletter is equipped with unsubscribe and modify subscription link.
Data we collect
While using our websites, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Full name
- Job title, company, areas of interest
- Mailing address
- Phone number, fax number
- Email address
- Invoicing/payment details
We use your data such as address, log-in, and other information that our visitors enter into forms completed and submitted through our websites.
Where we store your data
How and for which purposes we use your information
We may use information that we collect about you to provide services for members, launch monthly and special newsletters, and operate eShops.
We may contact you in the following circumstances
- We may send you newsletters about our activities. You may opt out of these at any time.
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
- We may contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offerings and other important service related notices.
- To process any registration for an account on our websites and for the subsequent administration of that account.
- To process any event registration (paying of free) or other transactions through our websites and to carry out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Our monthly or special newsletters may display our sponsors content and advertising.
- We also may use your information to manage our business, to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Your choices and individual rights
We aim to take reasonable steps, so you can correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
We outline your choices below:
- E-mail. If you do not wish to receive Newsletters, you may opt out at any time. If you opt out of a newsletter e-mail, we may still send you transactional and administrative emails about this privacy notice or about the products or services you have purchased.
- Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
Your rights under certain circumstances
To initiate any of the actions here below please contact us at office(a)smeits.rs.
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- You have the right to data portability for the information you have provided to us. You can request to obtain a copy of this information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. We will need to verify your identity before being able to respond to such requests. We can provide CSV, SQL or other non-proprietary format.
Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Changes to the Policy
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to visit our site after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent on the new policy.
Special consent on personal data collected for 51st KGH
Thanks to our sponsors, the 51st International HVAC&R Congress and Exhibition will have no congress fee. We would appreciate if all registered participants agreed that we may share their personal data (for free) with companies exibiting at this year's event, if they provided written statement that they will use the data for own business purposes only, and not sharing it with any third party.
As any other consent, you may revoke this consent by sending email to office(a)smeits.rs with subject line "Revoke of consent for data storage and processing", with your first and last name. At this point SMEITS will remove the stored data from its electronic archives, stop all procesing of your personal data, and as the same from all companies that your data were shared with.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please contact us at office(a)smeits.rs.