The 48th International Congress and Exhibition
on Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning
Towards healthy, sustainable and resilient buildings,
settlements and cities with zero CO2 emission
Belgrade, Sava Centre, 6–8.12.2017.
The programme of the 48th international congress on heating, refrigeration and air-conditioning continues to deal with everything that was included, considered and proposed at the previous 47th congress and that was commended by many participants in their written and verbal messages. These problems are related to buildings in the conditions of depletion of conventional sources of energy, environmental protection, natural disasters and extreme weather, but also to frequent impacts of human activity on human life and health, migrations towards large cities and living conditions in them. All these factors affect the lifestyle changes, health maintenance, bringing up new generations, their physical health and education, but they also affect the increased population density in the urban environments intensifying the construction of tall or high-rise buildings. All these issues were discussed at the last year's congress and confirmed as topical by the participants.
The programme of the 48th congress has already aroused interest of many professionals worldwide. The interest in this year's congress has been shown by the associations that have close international cooperation with the leading professional and scientific institutions for heating, refrigeration, air-conditioning, the environmental protection, CO2 concentration reduction, the Montreal Protocol implementation...
In anticipation of the record number of guests from the countries from all the continents, the congress main topics still include CO2 emissions reduction, new constructions of refrigeration devices and equipment, solar energy use, resilient and sustainable buildings in the context of migrations, attacks, fires, and natural disasters and weather extremes.
With the increase of population concentration in large cities and tendency of tall or high-rise building construction, HVAC&R systems in buildings have an even more delicate task: to maintain health and indoor comfort conditions with the precise and automatic control of additional equipment as power consumers: elevators, escalators, fire protection systems, artificial lighting, indoor acoustics, etc. In this context the urban design of cities is important since, when it comes to buildings and cities, and especially the rurbanisation approach, contribution is not only expected from the field of mechanical engineering, but from all other professions involved in the planning, construction, landscaping, and optimal operation of cities and buildings: architects, urban planners, civil and structural engineers, electrical engineers, forest and agricultural engineers, and certainly IT experts.
Two events – one fee
The Serbian HVAC&R Society organizes the HVAC&R Congress and Exhibition and the first ASHRAE Region XIV CRC, as a member of the ASHRAE Danube Chapter. Both events are organized in the Sava Center, Belgrade. The ASHRAE regional conferences are usually organized far from Serbia, but now, Serbian engineers have unique opportunity to meet the ASHRAE leadership, to get acquainted with its operation, and actively join and support the Danube Chapter.
By paying the 48th Congress fee, a participants may attend the CRC open sessions – chapter officers trainings on Saturday, December 9, Business sessions on Saturday and Sunday, December 9 and 10.
Participation in lunches and dinners and other social events during the CRC is charged separately.
- Abstract should be submitted on this form and sent to the Organizer’s e-mail address: office(a)smeits.rs by 30th July 2017.
- Abstract acceptance notification: 10th August 2017.
- Paper submission: 20th September 2017.
- Confirmation on paper acceptance or required revision: 2nd October 2017.
- Final paper version submission: 16th October 2017.
- Confirmation that a paper is included in the programme: 1st November 2017.
- PP presentation submission: 15th November 2017.
- An abstract should include: title, names of authors and their institutions, corresponding author marked with an asterisk, e-mail address and telephone, an abstract of 300-400 words and 5 keywords.
Welcome Coctail Host
- Hywel Davis, Director CIBSE
- Hashem Akbari, Professor, Concordia University, Montreal Canada
- Costas Balaras, Professor, National Observatory Athens, Greece
- Marianna Brodatch, AVOK Journal Editor, Professor, Moscow Institute of Architecture, Russia
- Stefano Corgnati, REHVA President, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Didier Coulomb, Director, International Institute for Refrigeration, France
- Ioan Silviu Doboşi, Member of Board of Directors, REHVA, Romania
- Andrea Gasparella, IBPSA Board, University of Bozen/Bolzano, Italy
- Sheila Hayter, ASHRAE Treasurer, USA
- Karel Kabele, REHVA, Professor, Czech Technical University, Prague, Czech Republic
- Branko Kovačević, President of the Academy of Engineering Sciences of Serbia, Belgrade
- Halvart Koeppen, Regional Network Coordinator (ECA), UNEP, France
- Junjie Liu, School of Environmental Sciences & Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin, China
- Zoltan Magyar, ASHRAE Danube Chapter President, Hungary
- Jian-lei Niu, Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Peter Novak, Professor, Faculty for Technology and Systems, Novo mesto, Slovenia
- Bjarne Olesen, Professor, ASHRAE President, University of Denmark
- Baris Ozerdem, Professor, Bahçeşehir Üniversitesi Istanbul, Turkey
- Branimir Pavković, Professor, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Engineering, Croatia
- Adrian Retezan, Professor, Universitatea Politehnica Timisoara, Romania
- Matheos Santamouris, Professor, University of Athens, „Energy & Buildings“ Journal Editor, Greece
- Chandra Sekhar, Professor, National University Singapore, Singapore
- Uroš Stritih, President SITHOK, Slovenia
- Yuri A. Tabunschikov, Professor, Moscow Institute of Architecture (State Academy), President ABOK, Russia
- Karim Ghazi Wakili, IABP, Institute of Applied Building Physics, Winterthur, Switzerland
- Miloš Banjac, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Belgrade
- Velimir Čongradac,Faculty of Technical Sciences, Novi Sad
- Olvera Ećim-Đurić, Faculty of Agriculture, Belgrade
- Radomir Folić, Union of Civil Engineers of Serbia, Belgrade
- Zoran Keković, Faculty of Security Studies, Belgrade
- Milan Kilibarda, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Belgrade
- Franc Kosi, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Belgrade
- Miomir Kostić, School of Electrical Engineering, Belgrade
- Igor Marić, SITS President, Belgrade
- Radivoje Mitrović, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Belgrade
- Danijela Nikolić,Mechanical Enginering
- Milovan Vidaković, National Organization of Engineers and Technicians for Directing Fire Risks, Belgrade
- Božidar Radenković, Faculty of Organizational Sciences, Belgrade
- Snežana Stevanović, Faculty of Agriculture, Belgrade
- Budimir Sudimac, Faculty of Architecture, Belgrade
- Eva Vaništa-Lazarević, UrbanLab, Belgrade
- Dušan Vukotić, IEC TC 57-WG14 Member, President KS N057–ISS, Belgrade
- Branislav Živković, Mechanical Engineering Faculty, Belgrade
- Snežana Stevanović, Faculty of Agriculture, Belgrade
- Nadežda Stojanović, Faculty of Forestry, Belgrade
- Aleksandar Anđelković
- Bratislav Blagojević
- Bojan Bogdanović
- Liviu Drugean
- Vladan Galebović
- Marko Ignjatović
- Dimitrije Lilić
- Nenad Miloradović
- Uroš Milovančević
- Slobodan Pejković
- Živojin Perišić
- Dragomir Šamšalović
- Biserka Švarc
- Marija S. Todorović
- Branislav Todorović,predsednik
- Petar Vasiljević
- Milovan Živković
- Academy of Engineering Sciences of Serbia – AESS, Beograd
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Faculty of Architecture, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Faculty of Civil Engineering, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Faculty of Organisational Sciences, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Faculty of Security Sciences, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Serbian Chamber of Engineers, Belgrade
- UrbanLab, Belgrade
- United Nations Environment Program – UNEP, France
- Russian Association of HVAC engineers – AVOK, Russia
- Federation of European Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Associations (REHVA), Belgium
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, USA
- International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR), France
- International Building Performance Simulation Association (IBPSA)
Methods, technologies and techniques of integrated design, construction, technical inspection, testing, monitoring, and smart operation of energy efficient sustainable healthy buildings and energy refurbishment of the existing urban building sector for the purpose of attaining sustainability, safety, landscaping and greening, and adaptability of urban systems to climate change and resilience to weather extremes as well as to exposures to the risks of terrorism, political extremes, uncontrolled migrations and immigrations – these will be the main topics of this year’s congress and exhibition. The envisaged thematic fields include:
- HVAC&R (heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration)
- Reference hydrometeorological and hydrogeological data
- Authoritative balances of renewable energy sources (RES)
- New materials, multifunctional and self-healing structures
- RES integration in building structures
- Green surfaces, green roofs and façades
- Indoor environmental quality, including acoustics
- Daylight and artificial lighting optimisation
- Refrigeration technologies, refrigeration equipment and systems, heat pumps as RES
- District heating and cooling systems in urban transformations
- Distributed generation, supply and storage of energy
- Combined systems of central and distributed tri- and co-generation of energy
- RES and energy storage for zero CO2 settlements and cities
- Elevators, escalators and other mechanical systems in buildings
- Water supply systems, waste water and solid waste systems
- Access control systems and security systems
- Fire protection and fire fighting systems
- Electrical installation, smart networks and ICT infrastructure of resilient buildings and EnergyPlus settlements
- Energy efficient use of RES in HVAC&R in rurban development, advanced organic agriculture agricultural industry, and food cold chain.
The second congress day is planned for the traditional programme for undergraduate and graduate students and the youngest generation of professionals with university degree specialised in HVAC&R and other fields directly associated with HVAC&R equipment systems as well as other technical systems of buildings, settlements and cities, including all given thematic fields of the congress and exhibition.
The presented papers will be published in electronic form of the Congress Proceedings.
The presented papers will be eligible for publication in the journal “Energy and Buildings“ published by Elsevier.
The aim of the exhibition is to inform and present to the professional community new HVAC&R products used in buildings and used for energy supply of buildings. This time it will be focused on new products with the application of new high energy efficient technologies in the field of HVAC&R systems and plants as an inseparable exhibition part of all thematic fields of the congress. The exhibition is an opportunity for designers, constructors, manufacturers, scientists and company representatives, all those dedicated to the same task – provision of healthy living and working environment in buildings, sustainable buildings, resilient cities and stopping the climate change by reducing CO2 emission to meet one another at the same time and at the same place.
One special segment of the exhibition is dedicated to software, information technologies as well as green programmes and networks, which arouse great interest of visitors due to the irreplaceable role that software and information technologies play today in all the domains of HVAC&R components and systems, research and development of smart buildings, settlements and cities.
As in previous years, the exhibition stands will be installed on the ground floor, next to the congress hall, and on the gallery above the hall in the Sava Centre. For more information regarding the participation in the exhibition, please contact the Organizer’s office.
Official languages are Serbian and English.
For authors from Serbia
In accordance with the Rulebook on procedure, method of evaluation and quantitative reporting on scientific research results of researchers (http://goo.gl/EbG1Zj), a paper written for the congress on heating, refrigeration and air-conditionings represents a report from an international conference printed as a whole and its value is 1 (one) point.
The Serbian Chamber of Engineers included the Congress on Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning in the Programme of Training and Continuing Professional Education of its members and the author who presented his/her paper is entitled to 6 (six) points.
Call for sponsorship
The 48th Congress on Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning will have one patron and several main sponsors and sponsors. The sponsors will have the following rights:
- Sponsors’ company names will be printed in the appropriate noticeable section in the final programme, on the congress invitation letter and on the congress web page.
- Sponsors will be entitled to delegate their representatives to the Honorary Committee of the Congress.
- The sponsor’s company name or its logo (50x50cm) will be displayed at the entrance to the Sava Centre and on the wall above the rostrum in the hall.
- Sponsors will be entitled to 6 m2 arranged exhibition area at the exhibition within the congress free of charge.
- Three professionals from the sponsor’s company will be entitled to participation in the congress free of charge.
- Sponsors will be entitled to the printing of one colour advertisement in the publication ''KO JE KO U KGH ZA 2017. GODINU'' (“WHO IS WHO IN HVAC&R – 2017), which is a supplement to the Congress Proceedings to be printed on 30th November 2017.
- The names of sponsors will be printed on promotional material specially made for the congress participants.
- Sponsors will be entitled to distribute their prospectuses, catalogues and other professional and information materials at the congress and through the journal “KGH”.
- Sponsors will be entitled to the status of co-publishers of the journal “KGH“ in 2018. The principal rights of co-publishers are as follows: a) right to publish 1/8 page of a colour advertisement, free of charge, in all four issues of the journal in 2018; b) right to publish one to two pages of their professional and information materials as well as contributions and news, free of charge, in every issue of the journal “KGH”, provided such material or text is adopted and approved by the Editorial Board of the journal; c) right to delegate a representative in the Publishing Council of “KGH“; d) right to the printing of the designed address of their company on the first pages of the journal, in the section in which co-publishers are listed; e) a free copy of each issue of the journal in that year, etc.
The rights of main sponsors and their fees will be defined in a contract signed between the interested company and the congress and exhibition organizer. For all information regarding requirements for participation as main sponsors and sponsors, please contact us on the addresses and telephone numbers given at the end of this announcement.
The sponsorship fee (including co-publishing of the journal “KGH“ in the year of 2018) will be EUR 1,800 in dinar equivalent amount (plus VAT), as in previous eight years.
The exhibition area layout i.e. the plan of exhibition stands will be available to interested parties as from 15th September 2017.
The fee includes: The Congress Proceedings (in electronic form); a printed book “Ko je ko u KGH u 2017" (Who is Who in HVAC&R in 2017), congress organisation costs, dinner on 7th December, lunch on 8th December, a welcome cocktail…
The fee amount (VAT included) is:
15.000 dinars for citizens of the Republic of Serbia.
12.000 dinars for members of the Serbian HVAC&R Society.
300 € for citizens of other countries (50% discount for citizens of Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Macedonia).
Authors of papers (i.e. the first author, if a paper has several authors) are exempt from the congress fee payment, while co-authors pay the full amount.
Please, send the application form to the Organizer. On the address you have provided you will will receive a pro forma invoice for the congress fee, and upon receipt of payment, you will receive confirmation of payment. If a participant pays the fee for himself/herself, the payment should be effected to the current account of SMEITS number 160-396987-81 and proof of payment must be submitted. The fee in dinars can be paid in cash, at the congress venue, whereby you will receive both cash and fiscal receipts.
You can download the Application Form here.
Please, fill in the form and send it to the Organizer. You will receive a pro forma invoice according to the data you filled in. You can also pay the fee at the information desk during the congress.
Društvo za KGH Srbije (Serbian Society for HVAC&R)
within the Serbian Union of Mechanical and Electrical
Engineers and Technicians (SMEITS),
Kneza Miloša 7a/II, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia,
tel. 381 11 323 00 41, tel./fax 381 11 3231 372,
www.smeits.rs • www.kgh-kongres.rs • www.kgh-drustvo.rs