47th International Congress and Exhibition on Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning
For healthy and sustainable buildings, resilient cities, and stopping the climate change
Belgrade, Sava Centre, 30th November – 2nd December 2016
The congress programme and exhibition are dedicated to HVAC&R profession and a series of professions that are inseparably connected in the design, construction, reconstruction, energy improvement, operation and maintenance of buildings with all technical systems, including lighting, electric power supply, water supply and sewerage, fire protection, energy efficiency management and all automation subsystems, management of building performance dynamics by a smart grid based on modeling predictive control, and entirely integrated management of energy supply and production of EnergyPlus buildings and delivering electric power to the electricity grid, including professionals in mechanical engineering, spatial and urban planning, architecture, civil engineering, electrical engineering and electronics, hydrogeology and hydrometeorology, environmental science, economics, security study, protection of natural and cultural resources as well as IC technologies.
In the fifth decade of its regular organization, the international congress on heating, ventilation and air-conditioning will mark the jubilee – 45th anniversary of the journal of the Serbian Society for HVAC&R.
- Academy of Engineering Sciences of Serbia – AINS, Belgrade
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Faculty of Architecture, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Faculty of Civil Engineering, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Faculty of Organizational Sciences, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Faculty of Security Studies, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Serbian Chamber of Engineers, Belgrade
- UrbanLab, Belgrade
- United Nations Environment Programme – UNEP, France
- Russian Association of Engineers for Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning, Heat Supply and Building Thermal Physics – AVOK, Russia
- Federation of European Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Associations (REHVA), Belgium
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), USA
- International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR), France
- International Building Performance Simulation Association– IBPSA
Methods, technologies and techniques of integrated design, construction, audit, testing, monitoring and smart operation of energy efficient sustainable healthy buildings and energy refurbishment of the existing urban building sector for the purpose of attaining sustainability, security and adaptability of urban systems to climate change and resilience to weather extremes as well as to exposures to the risks of terrorism, political extremes, uncontrolled migrations and immigrations – these will be the main topics of this year’s congress and exhibition. The thematic fields include:
- Reference areas of hydrometeorology and hydrogeology
- Authoritative balances of renewable energy sources (RES)
- New materials, multifunctional and self-healing structures
- RES integration in building structures
- Green surfaces, green roofs and façades
- Indoor environmental quality, including acoustics
- Daylight and artificial lighting optimisation
- Refrigeration technologies, refrigeration equipment and systems, heat pumps as RES
- District heating and cooling systems in urban transformations
- Distributed generation, supply and storage of energy
- Combined systems of central and distributed tri– and co-generation of energy
- RES and energy storage for zero CO2 settlements and cities
- Elevators, escalators and other mechanical systems in buildings
- Water supply systems, waste water and solid waste systems
- Access control systems and security systems
- Fire protection and fire suppression systems
- Electrical installation and ICT infrastructure of smart buildings and cities
- EnergyPlus buildings, smart networks and resilient zero CO2 settlements and cities
International Scientific Committee
- Hashem Akbari, Concordia University, Montreal Canada
- Costas Balaras, National Observatory Athens, Greece
- Marianna Brodatch, „AVOK“ Journal Editor, Russia
- Stefano Corgnati, professor, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Didier Coulomb, Director, International Institute for Refrigeration, France
- Drury B. Crawley, IBPSA, Director at Large, President
- Ioan Silviu Doboşi, Member of Board of Directors, REHVA, Romania
- Olivera Ećim-Đurić, professor, Faculty of Agriculture, Belgrade
- Karel Kabele, REHVA President, professor, Czech Technical University, Prague, Check Republic
- Franc Kosi, professor, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Belgrade
- Branko Kovacevic, president to the Academy of Engineering Sciences of Serbia, Belgrade
- Halvart Koeppen, Regional Network Coordinator (ECA), UNEP, France
- Junjie Liu, School of Environmental Sciences & Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin, China
- Zoltan Magyar, ASHRAE Danube Chapter President, Hungary
- Farooq Mahboob, President of the ASHRAE Region at Large, Pakistan
- Ljiljana Marjanović-Halburd, professor, University College London, Velika Britanija
- Jian-lei Niu, professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Peter Novak, professor, Slovenia
- Baris Ozerdem, professor, Bahçeşehir Üniversitesi Istanbul, Turska
- Branimir Pavković, professor, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Engineering, Croatia
- Adrian Retezan, professor, Universitatea Politehnica Timisoara, Rumunija
- Matheos Santamouris, professor, University of Athens, „Energy & Buildings“ Journal Editor, Greece
- Chandra Sekhar, professor, National University Singapore, Singapore
- Jelena Srebrić, professor, University of Maryland, USA
- Yuri A. Tabunschikov, professor, Moscow Institute of Architecture (State Academy), President ABOK, Rusija
- Karim Ghazi Wakili, EMPA Materials Science & Technology, Dubendorf, Switzerland
National Scientific Committee
- Budimir Sudimac, Faculty of Architecture, Belgrade
- Milan Kilibarda, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Belgrade
- Miomir Kostić, School of Electrical Engineering, Belgrade
- Zoran Keković, Faculty of Security Studies, Belgrade
- Radivoje Mitrović, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Belgrade
- Milovan Vidaković, National Organization of Engineers and Technicians for Directing Fire Risks, Belgrade
- Božidar Radenković, Faculty of Organisational Sciences, Belgrade
- Eva Vaništa-Lazarević, UrbanLab, Belgrade
- Olvera Ećim-Đurić,, Faculty of Agriculture, Belgrade
- Franc Kosi, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Belgrade
- Miloš Banjac, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Belgrade
- Aleksandar Anđelković
- Bratislav Blagojević
- Bojan Bogdanović
- Vladan Galebović
- Dušan Ličina
- Jovan Milić
- Nenad Miloradović
- Slobodan Pejković
- Živojin Perišić
- Stevan Šamšalović
- Dragomir Šamšalović
- Biserka Švarc
- Marija S. Todorović
- Branislav Todorović, President
- Petar Vasiljević
- Milovan Živković
The second congress day is planned for the traditional programme for undergraduate and graduate students and the youngest generation of professionals with university degree specialised in HVAC&R and other fields directly associated with HVAC&R equipment systems as well as other technical systems of buildings, settlements and cities, including all given thematic fields of the congress and exhibition.
The presented papers will be published in electronic form of the Congress Proceedings, which will contain the complete congress material.
The presented papers will be candidates for publishing in the journal „Energy and Buildings“ published by Elsevier.
The aim of the exhibition is to present to the professional community HVAC&R products used in buildings and used for energy supply of buildings. This time it will be focused on the products with the application of new high energy efficient technologies in the field of HVAC&R systems and plants as an inseparable exhibition part of all thematic fields of the congress. The exhibition is an opportunity for designers, constructors, manufacturers, scientists and company representatives, all those dedicated to the same task – provision of healthy living and working environment in buildings, sustainable buildings, resilient cities and stopping the climate change by reducing CO2 emission, to meet one another at the same time and at the same place.
One segment of the exhibition is dedicated to software, information technologies and green programmes and networks, which arouse great interest of visitors due to the irreplaceable role that software and information technologies play today in all domains of HVAC&R components and systems, research and development of smart buildings, settlements and cities.
As in previous years, the exhibition stands will be installed on the ground floor, next to the congress hall, and on the gallery above the hall in the Sava Centre. For more information regarding the participation in the exhibition, please contact the Organizer’s office.
Official languages are Serbian and English.
Important dates and notes
Abstract submission deadline – 30th June 2016 via the the Organizer’s e-mail. An abstract should include: title, names of authors and institutions, corresponding authors marked with an asterisk (*) mark, with e-mail address and telephone, text of the abstract between 300 and 400 words and 5 keywords.
Authors will receive confirmation on abstract acceptance and call for full-length papers by 10th July 2016.
Full-length paper submission deadline is 15th September 2016.
Authors will receive confirmation on paper acceptance or a need to revise papers by 1st October 2016.
The final version of papers must be submitted by 15th October 2016.
Authors will receive confirmation that their papers are included in the programme by 1st November 2016.
PP presentations must be submitted by 15th November 2016.
One of the authors (the corresponding author, if the paper has several authors) is exempt from congress fee payment.
For authors from Serbia
In accordance with the Rulebook on procedure, method of evaluation and quantitative reporting on scientific research results of researchers (http://goo.gl/EbG1Zj), a paper written for the congress on heating, refrigeration and air-conditionings represents a report from an international conference printed as a whole and its value is 1 (one) point.
The Serbian Chamber of Engineers included the Congress on Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning in the Programme of Training and Continuing Professional Education of its members and the author who presented his/her paper is entitled to 6 (six) points.
Call for Sponsorship
The 47th Congress on Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning will have one patron and several main sponsors and sponsors. The sponsors will have the following rights:
- Sponsors’ company names will be printed in the noticeable section in the final programme, on the congress invitation letter and on the congress web page.
- Sponsors will be entitled to delegate their representatives in the Honorary Committee of the Congress.
- The sponsor’s company name or its logo (50x50cm) will be displayed at the entrance to the Sava Centre and on the wall above the rostrum in the hall.
- Sponsors will be entitled to 6 m2 arranged exhibition area at the exhibition within the congress free of charge.
- Three professionals from the sponsor’s company will be entitled to participation in the congress free of charge.
- Sponsors will be entitled to the printing of one color advertisement in the publication ''KO JE KO U KGH ZA 2016. GODINU'' („WHO IS WHO IN HVAC&R – 2016), which is a supplement to the Congress Proceedings to be printed on 30th November 2016.
- The names of sponsors will be printed on promotional material specially made for the congress participants.
- Sponsors will be entitled to distribute their prospectuses, catalogues and other professional and information materials at the congress and through the journal „KGH“.
- Sponsors will be entitled to the status of co-publishers of the journal „KGH“ in 2017. The principal rights of co-publishers are as follows: a) right to publish 1/8 page of a colour advertisement, free of charge, in all four issues of the journal in 2017; b) right to publish one to two pages of their professional and information materials as well as contributions and news, free of charge, in every issue of the journal „KGH“, provided such material or text is adopted and approved by the Editorial Board of the journal; c) right to delegate a representative in the Publishing Council of „KGH“; d) right to the printing of the designed address of their company on the first pages of the journal, in the section in which co-publishers are listed; e) a free copy of each issue of the journal in that year, etc.
The rights of main sponsors and their fees will be defined in the contract signed between the interested company and the congress and exhibition organizer. For all information regarding main sponsors and sponsor, please contact us on the addresses and telephone numbers given at the end of this announcement.
The sponsorship fee (including co-publishing of the journal „KGH“ in the year of 2017) will be EUR 1,800 in dinar equivalent amount (plus VAT), as in previous eight years.
The exhibition area layout i.e. the plan of exhibition stands will be available to interested parties as from 15th September 2016.
Registration fee includes: The Congress Processdings on USB, together with other Congress materials; special book "Ko je ko u KGH u 2016" (Who is Who in HVAC&R in 2016), dinner on December 1st; lunch on December 2nd; Welcome Coctail, etc.
Registration fee is (VAT included):
- 15.000 RSD for residents of Serbia.
- 12.000 RSD for the Serbian HVAC&R Society members (residents of Serbia).
- 150 € for residents of Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and FYR Macedonia.
- 300 € for non-residents of Serbia.
The paper author (i.e. the corresponding author) is exempted from registration fee payment. Co-authors shall pay full registration fee.
Registration form can be downloaded here. Please fill in the Registration Form, send it to the Organizer and you will receive the prepayment invoice. The registration fee can be paid in RSD at the information desk.
Serbian HVAC&R Society
within the Union of Mechanical and Electrotechnical
Engineers and Technicians of Serbia (SMEITS),
Kneza Miloša str. 7a/II,
tel. 381 11 323 00 41,
tel./fax 381 11 3231 372,